ESE Division Home
The recently renovated and expanded Building has six lecture classrooms, nearly 11,000 square feet of teaching laboratories and over 20,000 square feet of research labs. These labs are well-equipped for both instrumental and wet chemical analytical procedures, and also include a 2,300 square-foot pilot scale research bay, special materials research areas and facilities for microbiology and ecology research.
Coolbaugh Hall was completed in 1952 costing approximately $1,000,000 in State funds. On May 4, 1953, the building was dedicated and named in honor of Melville Fuller Coolbaugh, who was President of the Colorado School of Mines from 1925 to 1946 and who held the title of President emeritus from 1946 until his death in 1950. Coolbaugh Hall underwent a major renovation in 1995 adding a new wing, which increased the number of research labs, offices, conference rooms and student activity areas.
Teaching Lab & Lecture Hall